Posted on: November 5, 2020
Philips ActiLume DALI
ActiLume DALI – a simple approach
The Philips ActiLume lighting control system consists of a small, lightweight sensor and controller designed for easy integration into luminaires.ActiLume is a true plug & play solution for open-plan (up to 34 luminaires) or cell offices (e.g. 4 luminaires). Used in a master-and-slave luminaire concept, easy to use and easy to install. Specific application brochures are available to help specify and apply the system in an optimal way.Commissioning is optional for all application modes. Using this method, functions can be changed without affecting the electrical installation.
- ActiLume is a plug & play control system which offers energy saving by daylight harvesting and automatic switching. The system is supported with simple, dedicated application and installation sheets
- The ActiLume system consists of three state-of-the-art miniature sensors combined with a controller containing a series of pre-programmed modes
- The two most frequently applied modes − cell or open-plan offices − can be selected via a simple push of the service button
- Philips ActiLume is a DALI-based lighting control system designed for maximum visual comfort and energy savings of up to 75% (in fully automatic mode and when used in combination with Philips HF-Regulator EII Touch and DALI ballasts). This makes it possible to achieve a quick return on investment.
- The light sensor is sensitive to visible radiation (matching the human eye), providing automatic savings through daylight-dependent regulation, without any visual discomfort for the user.
- The movement detector is very sensitive to human movement and is combined with extended delays to provide optimal functionality in an office environment.
- Semi-automatic solutions can be created by connecting a mains-rated spring-back switch to the controller or by using an infrared remote control unit. In this way the settings can be manually overruled according to personal preference.
- In addition, ActiLume makes it possible to choose specific modes that have been specially developed in line with new legislation, thus making the system very versatile in use. These modes can be activated by using the simple mode selection tool IRT8098/00.
- A specific application setting can be changed easily by selecting another mode on the advanced mode selection tool IRT8099/20.
- The system can control a maximum of 34 ballasts and can be extended with a maximum of two additional movement detectors, extension sensor type LRM8118/00 or LRM8119. For each additional movement detector the maximum number of ballasts is decreased by 1.
- The factory light-level setting is 600 lux at a reflection factor of 0.3.
- The ActiLume system is designed for all office applications, from open-plan to cell offices, lobbies or toilets, and from corridors to small meeting rooms
- It offers specific comfort modes, e.g. for schools, light-lines and direct/indirect lighting concepts