Posted on: January 11, 2021
UV-C Disinfection Batten
Philips UV-C batten, the power to protect
UV-C DISINFECTION BATTEN – 1 or 2 pcs – HF Performer – Aluminum – 68 W – 220 to 240 V
The UV-C batten is designed for the disinfection of surfaces and is suitable for a wide range of applications. The UV-C batten provides universal UV-C irradiance with homogenous distribution. Its disinfection capability is based on wattage used and a specific exposure time for a given distance from that surface. No person should be present at the time of usage, due to high risk of harm to eyes and skin. The performance is enhanced by a highly-reflective and durable aluminum body, which improves its efficacy even further and directs the UV-C light to the to-be-irradiated
surfaces.;The lamp holders and end caps are protected against UV-C thanks to dedicated shielding. There is a 1- and 2-lamp version available, for both the bare batten and reflector batten. This offers even a greater flexibility.
- UV-C effectively inactivates many viruses and germs on directly irradiated surfaces(1). Moreover, in laboratory testing, Signify’s UV-C light sources inactivated 99% of SARS-CoV-2 virus on a surface with an exposure time of 6 seconds(2).
- Proven, effective disinfection over the useful long lifetime of lamp and luminaire
- Environmentally friendly – no ozone emissions during or after use
- Combined with safeguards such as controlled-access devices, it is used safely
- (1) Fluence (UV Dose) Required to Achieve Incremental Log Inactivation of Bacteria, Protozoa, Viruses and Algae Revised, updated and expanded by Adel Haji Malayeri, Madjid Mohseni, Bill Cairns and James R. Bolton. With earlier contributions by Gabriel Chevrefils (2006) and Eric Caron (2006) With peer review by Benoit Barbeau, Harold Wright (1999) and Karl G. Linden.
- Lamp configurations possible: 1-lamp or 2-lamps version
- Available with or without reflectors
- Philips T8 TUV lamp included: 18W or 36W
- Shortwave UV radiation peak at 253.7 nm (UVC)
- High reflective aluminum housing for better reflectivity and performance
- All plastic components are protected by dedicated UV-C shielding
- Various mounting options
- Complies with all applicable regulations and standards
- Retail: Keep shopping carts, shelves and counters free from contamination
- Hair and beauty salons: Disinfect client rooms, operating floor, mirrors, chairs surfaces, and other sensitive areas
- Schools: Disinfect classroom walls, floors, desks and surfaces
- Offices: Neutralize work rooms, meeting spaces and corridors
- Banking: Disinfect counters, cash machines and work surfaces
- Hospitality: Disinfect guest rooms, reception areas and health facilities
- Food outlets: Eliminate bacteria on preparation surfaces and equipment
- Washrooms: Disinfect vanity units, basins and mirrors
Warning & Safety
- DANGER: Risk Group 3 UV product. Like any disinfection system, UV-C lamps and devices must be installed and used in the correct way.
- Direct exposure to UV-C can be dangerous and result in a sunburn-like reaction to the skin and serious damage to the cornea. As UV-C is invisible to the eye, the UV-C batten must be installed together with adequate safeguards to ensure that the UV-C batten can be operated in a safe way. The UV-C battens are only to be used as components in a system that consists of adequate safety safeguards such as, but not limited to, those indicated in the mounting instruction and/or user manual.
- Philips UV-C devices must only be sold through qualified partners and installed by professionals according to our stringent safety and legal requirements. Our UV-C products are not meant to be used in applications or activities which may cause and/or lead to death, personal injury and/or damage to the environment.
- The UV-C battens’ effectiveness in the inactivation of certain viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi or other harmful micro-organisms is as described under Benefits. Signify and its group of companies do not promise or warrant that the use of UV-C battens will protect or prevent any user from infection and/or contamination with any harmful micro-organisms, illness or disease. The UV-C battens are not approved for, are not intended and must not be used to disinfect medical devices. In addition to and without limitation of any exclusions or limitations of liability of Signify and its group of companies as set forth in any agreement for sale, distribution or otherwise making available of UV-C battens, Signify and its group of companies shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any claim or damage that may arise from or relate to any use of UV-C battens outside of their intended use or contrary to their installation and operation instructions, each as described under Applications, the user manual and/or mounting instruction.