Posted on: November 1, 2020
UV-C disinfection upper air CM
Breathe healthy air
As part of the Philips UV-C disinfection upper air device series, Philips UV-C disinfection upper air ceiling mounted is designed to be installed on false ceilings for the disinfection of air in a wide range of applications. Optimized for low ceiling heights, the UV-C rays are distributed at device level and above. The beam of UV-C rays is controlled by specific reflectors and the louvre design. This allows for the disinfection of the air in a space, while ensuring that day-to-day business activities can continue beneath the area where the device is active.
- Allows quiet disinfection of air while business activity continues beneath the level of the device
- UV-C light has been proven to effectively deactivate tested pathogens*
- Uses Philips UV-C lamps and drivers
- Environmentally friendly – no ozone emissions during or after use
- Philips PL-S TUV lamp included: 4×9 W
- Shortwave UV radiation peak at 253.7 nm (UV-C)
- The louvres and reflector control the distribution of UV-C at the device level and above, where people are not usually present
- Surface-mounted on false ceilings
- Complies with IEC 62471 standard for photobiological safety
- Food Outlets
Warning & Safety
- DANGER: Risk Group 3 UV product. Like any disinfection system, UV-C lamps and devices must be installed and used in the correct way. Direct exposure to UV-C can be dangerous and result in a sunburn-like reaction to the skin and serious damage to the cornea.
- As UV-C is invisible to the eye, the UV-C upper air device must be installed together with adequate safeguards to ensure that the UV-C upper air device can be operated in a safe way. The UV-C upper air device are only to be used as components in a system that consists of adequate safety safeguards such as, but not limited to, those indicated in the mounting instructions and/or user manuals.
- Direct exposure to UV-C is dangerous. Philips UV-C luminaires systems must only be sold through qualified partners and installed by professionals according to our stringent safety and legal requirements. Our UV-C products are not meant to be used in applications or activities which may cause and/or lead to death, personal injury and/or damage to the environment.